- I have profited hugely from informal women-in-tech networks during the last 20 years of my career and want to give back.
- I am convinced that biased, personal 1-1 support is one of the few things that actually makes a difference and can increase the diversity of teams.
- I want to work in more diverse teams for the remaining 20 years of my career ;-)
- I think tech is a good career where good money can be made, and that opportunities in this field should be available to all people.
- I have a non-traditional career path: university liberal-arts dropout, self-taught programmer, supporter, build & release engineer, release manager, solution architect, software engineer, all at various times in various places.
Software Engineer, Elastic
Sonja is volunteering her time to mentor women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups in the tech industry.